Who we are:
CSR Strategies provides professional management consulting services specializing in strategic communication, corporate sustainability and responsibility (CSR), assessing organizational efficiencies, and professional training.
We use proven consulting methods, processes, and body of knowledge that are based on the International council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI) to gain and retain your trust.
What we do:
We are great at setting strategies to integrate Social Value into business operations - we take you beyond simply communicating some good works to meet industry and all stakeholders' expectations.
Our services include:
• Business excellence assessments: benchmarking using industry standards and award-winners.
• People involvement.
• Data research and analysis.
• Marketing and Communication strategic plans.
• Sustainability Reports.
• Community investment
• Business Administration: including charitable foundation administration.
• Governance: board reviews, policy updates, facilitation, and coaching.
• Workshops: customized curriculum.
The CSR Strategies edge
- We are an agile group of professional management consultants with a broad range of expertise.
- We are based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada with a global reach through our network of professional network of colleagues.
- We keep on top of trends and perhaps we even help drive some of them.
- We use innovative and proven strategies, frameworks, and management systems.
- We aim to make you look and feel good!
Sheila Carruthers, MBA FCMC SCMP
Sheila is a Certified Management Consultant (CMC), specialized in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
She has coached MBA learners through their capstone projects and mentors aspiring management consultants.
Sheila leads professional accreditation courses for the Canadian Association of Management Consultants (CMC-Canada) - The Essentials of Management Consulting and Ethical Behaviour for Consultants) and volunteers as a Trainer of Trainers for Scouts Canada Chinook Region.
Sheila managed three multi-million dollar charitable foundations (the Chastell Foundation, the Canadian Pacific Charitable Foundation and the PrairieAction Foundation). Her Foundation accomplishments include establishing a groundbreaking grants management system as well as highly effective corporate sponsorship, community investment, employee engagement, and signature programs.
Since earning her Advanced Certificate in Corporate Community Relations from Boston College (when it was first established!), Sheila has leveraged her experience and learnings to become an accomplished CSR management consultant. Now, Sheila develops CSR strategies for business and charitable clients, including establishing and managing community investment and grants programs, CSR frameworks, values-based business plans, and sustainability reports.
She volunteers in her community with a local Scout Group and with both of her professional associations:
- The Institute for Certified Management Consultants (CMC Alberta)
- The International Association for Business Communicators (IABC)'